July 10, 2019
Reposted from my old blog, originally posted August 22,2018.
Nicholas Bate is one of my favorite bloggers. I really enjoyed his recent post on Standards. It made me think, like any good writer does, about my own Standards.
Here’s what I came up with in about 15 minutes last night, in no certain order:
- Be on time.
- Be organized.
- Be useful.
- Be present, put down the phone. It can wait.
- Do one thing at a time.
- Do what you say you’ll do.
- Get outside and/or move your body everyday.
- Take breaks. Take walks.
- Pay yourself first.
- Journal daily.
- Review weekly.
- Buy Quality.
- Put healthy food in front of the refrigerator, less healthy foods in back or in non-see-through containers.
- Water first, then coffee, then water.
- Respond to email within 24 hours, even if to simply acknowledge you don’t have a complete answer yet.